Talk:April Fools deck
As described, a deck full of wacky pranks, inspired by the "April Fools!" link on the front page on April Fools day... 10 days ago. Anyway. I've credited two cards to other people, and there's possibly more that I've unknowingly assimilated. Feel free to point them out if you want; credit where credit is due and all that.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? All are welcome. Jtwe 22:18, 11 April 2007 (BST)
Unused card names / ideas
- Plastic Rat
- Squirting Lapel Flower
Chinese Finger Trap
Saran Wrapped Door
- Wet Willie
- Bowl of Warm Water
Very nice. Thanks! Jtwe 15:50, 12 April 2007 (BST)
Good one! I took the liberty of restricting it to Actions to differentiate it from Banana Peel. Jtwe 16:18, 13 April 2007 (BST)
Action: Draw a card
"Action: Draw a card." tends to be a lot more powerful than people expect it to be, for what it's worth. Drawing two cards a turn can put a player into a much stronger position. --Kevan 16:00, 12 April 2007 (BST)
- I wanted to have at least one card in the deck that just did its thing without having to jump through hoops, but you're probably right. I'll try draw one, then discard one - it's useful and simple, but not as powerful. Jtwe 17:05, 12 April 2007 (BST)
Sardines in the Air Vent
Wouldn't this card cause an infinite loop? "Don't want it, swap." "Ooh, you just made a swap, swap." "So did you! Swap." etc. etc. --BM 15:58, 18 April 2007 (BST)
- It says "if this card is in your hand". --Kevan 16:29, 18 April 2007 (BST)
Sorry, I thought I read through it well, but I guess I didn't notice. --BM 01:21, 4 May 2007 (BST)
Cards by Corrigan
Thanks for your contribution! All four of the new cards are very flavorful and fit the spirit of the deck quite well! I'm just moving your cards around and making some wording / power level changes.
- Lock Your Boss Out is changing from immunity to everything (including, presumably, damage, having LYBO destroyed, tooth decay, heartache, etc.) to immunity to discard and hand reveals, the two examples you gave, and definite hazards in this deck.
- Block the Emergency Exits is changing from a game loss to 5 damage, which will definitely get things moving.
- Deadpan Glare (which I'm totally jealous that I didn't think of) is changing from 'your opponent' to 'that opponent', since this game can definitely be played with 3+ people.
- Backfire triggers like a Reaction and not a Surprise, so I'm changing its card type and cleaning up the wording, but if you can think of how to make it work as a Surprise I'm all ears.
Thanks! Jtwe 16:44, 6 June 2007 (BST)